Southern Bank of KY - Historical Marker
Russellville, KY - Part of building erected about 1810 by William Harrison, used as a residence by him and later by the Nortons. In 1857, the front part was built for Souther Bank of KY. It was owned by Judge Hardy's family for 60 years. On March 20th, 1868, it was the scene of a holdup by the Jesse James gang, who escaped with over $9,000 after they shot and slightly wounded bank president, N. Long.